Recipe by Dienia B.
I made these up for my sister Chris who is craving Mom Pat's pancakes. These are different but hopefully she likes and can eat them. They need to be cooked on a hot skillet, but be careful they can burn easily. They taste a little eggier than real pancakes but taste ok. You need to grind up oatmeal in a grinder to make smoother flour.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal, ground to make smoother flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate eggs.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.
- In a bowl with egg yolks, add cream cheese and sugar. You can use the amount of Splenda you want; I don't use it so I can't say how much. Cream until smooth.
- Add milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add almond flour, oatmeal flour, and baking powder; beat until smooth.
- Fold in egg whites; don't overmix.
- Cook on hot griddle.
- sprayed with pam and little butter careful not to burn.