Recipe by Topher
A Jello recipe from my mom that she even named after me for our local cookbook. I love it for the deep cherry flavor. It works great for potlucks or as a side dish to serve with dinner. Chill time is cooking time.
Top Review by october sky
This is the jello to make if you're looking for something easy, fast, and flavorful. I made this for my family this past weekend and it went over well. The only change I made was to substitute an 8 ounce container of cool whip for the dream whip. I can wait to try this recipe using other flavors of jello and pie filling. Right now peach is sounding good. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (2 ounce) package Dream Whip
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Jello and water.
- Blend in pie filling and chill until slightly thickened (about 1.5-2 hours). Otherwise cherries will all sink to bottom.
- Make Dream Whip according to package and then blend in Dream Whip.
- Place in 9x9-inch pan and refrigerate.
- Can be easily doubled in a 9x13-inch pan.