Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom got this recipe is from her friend Chris, hence the title. I usually make extra sauce!
- 1 whole chicken, in pieces
- dried Italian seasoning
- cooked rice
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
- While chicken bakes, combine sauce ingredients in a pan on stove.
- Slowly heat, occasionally adding juices from the baking chicken.
- Simmer, being careful not to let it boil.
- When chicken is done, serve over rice and top with the sauce.
I do a lot of cooking on Sundays. I only had a taste of this,but I cannot wait until I have dinner tomorrow night. The sauce is so creamy and smooth. I used light cream cheese to cut down on calories, but I don't think it cut down on taste at all.