Recipe by chef zermane dit zermaki
Posted from Martha Shulman - ready when you are. Posted to try. This is a french cake and is moist and very very full of apple.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons additonal milk or 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 lbs apples, peeled cored and thinly sliced (e.g gala, ggravenstein, pippin or golden delicious)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 200 degrees celsius (400 farenheit).
- butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- sift dry into bowl.
- another beat eggs and sugar until thick and beat in milk, oil and flavourings.
- whisk dry and egg mix together.
- Fold in apples.
- Scrape battter into pan and bake 40 mins until not quite firm but fairly brown.
- meanshile mix topping together.
- remove cake and pour on topping.
- return to oven and bake 10 mins or until top caramalised and cake is firm when gently pressed.