Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I first had this recipe at Thanksgiving at our son's house many years ago. It is delicious, great for special occasions, and not at all low in calories.
- 2 lbs crookneck yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- salt, to taste
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- After washing and cutting off ends of squash, chunk and boil in water until tender.
- Drain, mash, and drain again.
- Put into an oven proof casserole dish.
- Stir in butter and cream cheese until melted.
- Add salt to taste if desired.
- Top with a bit of parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly and lightly browned, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.