Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Similar to A-1 Steak Sauce. Try it on Burgers. Great on Crackers as a snack too!
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes stirring. Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Put mixture in a blender till it is pureed. Pour in bottle.
- Cap tightly and refrigerate to use within 90 days.
I was out of A1 Sauce so was looking for something to make in its place. This was good but sweeter than I wanted. I could taste too much orange juice flavour. I did try to make it more spicy by adding garlic salt, minced onions and worcestershire. My husband liked it more than I did. I would try this again with less orange juice and play with the spices some more. Thank you srooc1.