I saw this on the Today show and wanted to tuck this away for a cold and rainy day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1Coat slow cooker with vegetable oil spray. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12_inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in rice and cook, stirring often, until ends of rice kernels are transparent, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine and cook until fully absorbed, about 1 minute; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Bring broth and water to boil in saucepan. Stir 3 cups hot broth mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook until rice is tender, about 2 hours on high.
- 3Return reserved broth mixture to boil. Slowly stream 2 cups more hot broth mixture into slow cooker, stirring gently, until liquid is absorbed and risotto is creamy, about 1 minute.
- 4Gently stir in Parmesan, chives, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and lemon juice. (Adjust risotto consistency with additional hot broth mixture as needed.) Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. (This dish does not hold well on warm setting.).
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chris Kimball's Crockpot Parmesan Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 320.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.1 g