Recipe by DJBiker
A Very hearty and rustic Italian soup for those cold days when you want a really good, chunky soup.
- 6 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb chopped or ground sirloin or 1⁄2 lb chuck
- 1⁄4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄8 lb diced pepperoni
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain the ground Sirloin and drain thoroughly.
- Remove the casings from the Italian sausage and brown, breaking into small pieces and then drain.
- I use an Italian sausage pizza topping that is perfect for this soup.
- Place everything in a large pot except for the Pasta and simmer for about one to two hours. A crock pot or slow cooker is great for this, you can prepare everything the night before and place this on in the morning and let cook all day.
- Place tortellini in the pot and cook till tender, about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle on some parmesan cheese and serve with toasted garlic bread.