Recipe by srooc1
This is absolutely one of the BEST Creme Brulees in the World. You can substitute vanilla beans for the vanilla if you would like. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first three ingredients in a medium saucepan and scald.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eight egg yolks with 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- While whisking, ladle some of the hot cream mixture from the saucepan into the eggs.
- Next, whisk the eggs (with the added cream) into the remaining cream mixture in the saucepan.
- To cream mixture in saucepan, stir in 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar until dissolved.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Fill about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 in water bath (so water is about 2/3 up the side of ramekins) for about 45 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar and slide under broiler until sugar caramelizes (turns a light golden brown) Serve in ramekins on a plate swirled with raspberry sauce and garnish with fresh raspberries.