Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I got this recipe from a friend in the early 70's, and have been making them for years... I don't like coffee, but I sure love these delicious bars! This is one of those recipes that everyone LOVES... A cross between a Chocolate Chip Cookie and a Congo Bar with a slight coffee flavor, and not cakey at all... VERY GOOD! Serving size depends how big or small you cut them.
Top Review by sherylsprague68
If you make these in the right size pan and make as directed they come out wonderfully and are so yummy! With the slight taste of coffee, it gives it a really great flavor mixed with the chocolate chips! All the family enjoyed these so much! Thanks!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot coffee, not boiling
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs.
- Add coffee (not boiling).
- Add brown sugar; mix well.
- Add sifted flour and other dry ingredients.
- Add oil and vanilla; blend well.
- Pour onto a large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts on top of batter.
- Bake at 350°F, for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.