Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I have been working on for a long time I hope you enjoy. If you try different variations please let me know how they work. This recipe can be frozen and reheated at a later time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Place Chicken into large pot of boiling water.
- Add First 8 ingredients and cook over medium heat until chicken is done and tender.
- Remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Return chicken pieces to pot and add both soups and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add 4 dumpling ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the butter crisco in to flour mixture.
- Add milk and mix well forming a dough ball.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to about 1/8" thick.
- Cut into squares.
- After Chicken mixture has cooked for the 15 minutes stated above -- drop dumplings in one piece at a time.
- Cook over low heat for 15 - 20 minutes until dumplings are done.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This was the best chicken & dumplings I've ever had!! Thanks for sharing! We eat it quite often & it can easily be transformed into a tasty chicken noodle soup. Just replace the dumplings with egg noodles & add Italian seasoning. Thanks again!