Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is very sweet. Do not attempt to double this recipe. If you need more servings cook individually.
- 4 medium bananas, Ripe
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup banana liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Cut bananas in half crosswise; cut each half in half lengthwise.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add brown sugar and cook; stiring constantly, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in liqueur and rum.
- Add bananas to hot mixture.
- Ignite the fumes from the liqueur and rum with a long kitchen match or igniter. Let Flames die down. BE CAREFUL.
- Return skillet to heat and cook until bananas are soft and slightly curled.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve banana mixture immediately over vanilla ice cream.