Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Don't let the simple ingredients fool you! Everyone absolutely loves this creamy and simple dessert, and although I've never "messed with perfection", I'm sure you could try other flavors of ice cream/pudding mix and come up with your very own version of this. Try it my way first, though, and see what you think....( Cook time is actually time in refridgerator)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) packagedry vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 60 ritz-type crackers (that's approx. 2 stacks)
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- In large bowl, using electric mixer, combine softened ice cream, milk, and sprinkle in the dry instant pudding mix (NEVER use cooked pudding mix, only instant!).
- Place mixture in refridgerator while preparing crust.
- Crush crackers into a 9x13 pan, add sugar, and pour melted margarine over all.
- Mix well and spread into crust at the bottom of the pan.
- Spread ice cream mixture over the crust and top with the whipped topping.
- Refridgerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Easy, so easy and tasteful. I used sugar free chocolate pudding mix (because it is what I had on hand) and whole wheat Ritz crackers and real butter instead of margarine. This recipe was simple, quick and was gone in a flash at a potluck! Cannot wait to make again.
This was very yummy! I prepared this with sugar free pudding. I think that the next time I make this I would double the ice cream and pudding to make it deeper in the dish. Everyone really loved it and asked for the recipe! Thanks!
This is a fabulous, quick and easy dessert to throw together. I think next time I might try a different flavor of pudding or ice cream (I used low-fat frozen yogurt), just for something different. Would also be great with some fruit added in... perhaps between the ice cream layer and cool whip layer. Either way, it's a keeper!