I make this every year for Passover, a special spicy treat on top of homemade Gefilte Fish. I would make it more often, but I'm really sensitive, and this makes my eyes burn and tear - consider that a warning. Nonetheless, it's sad to finish the homemade jar, because going back to storebought is dreadful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the beets into a bowl using the fine side of a hand grater (wear gloves or you'll have some real memories that will last for days).
- 2Finely grate the horseradish into the bowl (do not touch your face!).
- 3Add the vinegar, salt, and sugar, and taste for seasoning.
- 4Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
- 5Store covered in the refrigerator; will keep for several weeks with same strength, and afterwards, the intensity will be reduced.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chrain With Beets (Red Horseradish)
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: