Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
these cookies are hard dunking cookies, they have a nice flavour combination.
Make and share this Chrabeli Aniseed Cookies 2002 recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons crushed anise seed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon kirsch liqueur
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar one tablespoon at a time.
- Yes thats correct one tablespoon at a time.
- Continue beating for 15 minutes with mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in aniseed, zest, and kirsh.
- Add in the flour combining enough to make a stiff dough.
- Knead well.
- Divide into four pieces.
- Roll each piece into 1 inch ropes.
- Cut each rope into 3 inch lengths.
- Knick the outer edge of each piece with three slits.
- Bend each strip into a U shape.
- Place onto buttered and floured, or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Let stand overnite at room temperature to dry.
- Bake 300 degrees for 15 minutes, until a very pale yellow or golden.