Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A side for your chinese dinner. From my Chinese cookbook.
- 300 g choy sum
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- blanch the choy sum in a llarge pan of boiling water for 30 seconds, drain ans set aside.
- in a preheated wok or deep pan, heat oil and stir fry garlic until fragrant. add the choy sum and toss for 1 minute.
- stir in the oyster sauce and serve.
Yummy! Made this as a side dish with chicken and rice and it worked really well. Thank you daisygrl64 for posting your recipe.
This is a staple in our house, sometimes with the garlic, sometimes without. It's yummy both ways. Very traditional, quick and easy dish. :)
Easy and good - the oyster sauce works perfectly with this. Since this only takes a minute to cook, you can pre-blanch the broccoli rabe. Then when your Chinese stir fry is done, just wipe out the wok and this will be done in literally a minute. Mine came out a bit watery so next time I may squeeze it dry instead of just draining it.