Recipe by Mirj
I've been making this ever since I was first married (18+ years so far) and my family never gets tired of this.
Top Review by Sassy Sandra
This is a great way to use up turkey left-overs. I used chopped already roasted turkey, fresh mushrooms and some fresh brocolli. I didn't have any water chestnuts, so I omitted them. I also added some Chinese Chow Mein Noodles (dried) at the end and let them steam for a couple of minutes. I will make this again......
- 1 kg turkey breast, cut into strips
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can sliced mushroom
- 1 can water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the turkey strips in a little oil until browned.
- Add the celery, onion, mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Stir-fry until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the brown sugar, salt and soy sauce, cook for an additional 10 minutes until ready.
- Serve with plain white rice.