1 hr 15 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
A Crockpot sauce or Oven sauce.Chop all the vegetables at once. Then dump vegies,tuna and liquids in the crockpot or greased casserole dish and forget it.This is so easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, do not drain liquid
- 1 (12 ounce) package chopped broccoli or 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 large carrots, chopped or 3 large carrots, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped, do not drain liquid
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stems & pieces with liquid
- 1 (3 ounce) can mild green chili peppers, diced (optional) or 1/8 cup diced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 green tomato, chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Pam cooking spray
- 6 -8 cups chow mein noodles, warmed
- 1Put the tuna with the water in the crockpot or greased 4 quart casserole.
- 2Chop or grate all the vegetables and add with liquids in the cans. Add soup, water and milk. Stir to mix soup in with tuna and vegetables and mushrooms.
- 3You may add any additional chopped vegetables or delete any that you wish. If you delete make sure you additional amount of a vegetable that you like.
- 5Jalapeno peppers will make the sauce very hot,it seems to intensify in milk bases.
- 6Set oven 325* or Crockpot High.
- 7Bake 1 1/2 hours, stirring once or twice, covered.
- 8Crockpot: About 3 to 4 hours.
- 9Mix cornstarch with water, stir in the last 1/2 hour of cooking time. Stir once more just before serving.
- 10Serve over chow mein noodles or egg noodles.
- 11Cooking time is for oven baked casserole.
- 12Personally, I love chopped green tomatoes in this but everyone has their own personal tastes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chow Mein Noodle Tuna Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 715.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 23.4 g