Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy snack to make in a hurry. I like to add cayenne pepper for some kick.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste (Tabasco)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles, about 2 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Combine melted butter with soy sauce and hot pepper sauce; drizzle over the noodles.
- Toss lightly to coat noodles.
- Sprinkle with celery salt and onion powder; toss to mix well.
- Spread noodles in a large shallow baking pan or jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 275° for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
I doubled the hot sauce, used a regional favorite as DH doesn't care for Tabasco(says it is too vinegary). I used these as an ingredient in a Chex mix type snack, nice addition for flavor and visual appeal! Thanks for posting this.
Great and easy snack. I was wondering what to do with all my chow mein noodles and this fits the bill perfectly. I added a little more hot sauce and some garlic powder too. Yummy!