Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Chinese food from the crock pot? Sure you can make chow mein if you use hard noodles or low mein with soft noodles.
- 1 lb round steak, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce, can use soy sauce also
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can Chinese vegetables
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Add all ingredients except chinese vegetables and corn starch to crock pot.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Add chinese vegetables and corn starch to crock pot and mix well.
- Cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Serve on top of Chow mein or Low mein noodles.
Very good. My husband really liked this. I doubled the recipe and used the soy sauce. I also added a large can of mushrooms. It looks like a lot of onion, but it's not.
Great recipe & very easy. Will definitely make this again. Made for My 3 Chefs, Fall 2009.