Recipe by CookbookCarrie
I grew up on this easy meal. I still love it and so do my kids. Use store brand soups, you'll never notice a difference, and because you drain and rinse the meat, you can use cheaper ground beef if you like! If you have a casserole that can go from stove top to oven, this is a one dish meal!!! Enjoy!
Top Review by Diane in Burbank, CA
This was tasty but lacked a wow factor for us. The bag of noodles seemed a little too much. I stopped short of the whole bag and at times felt I was only getting bites of noodles. Perhaps the can size might be better and if I do make it again, I'll add in some water chestnuts, too.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 Spanish onion, diced small
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken and rice soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, with juice (stems & pieces is fine)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bag chow mein noodles (the crispy ones)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground meat along with the celery and onions.
- Drain and rinse then combine in a casserole dish with the remaining ingredients, add the noodles last.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with sticky white rice and a salad.