Recipe by Muddyboots
This is my husbands most requested hot dish. It was given to me by a dear friend and I have passed it on to many people. Very simple and very tasty.
Top Review by VSim in Massachusetts
My family really enjoyed this meal. I ended up substituting the celery with water chestnuts and then added bean sprouts. (My son is not a big fan of celery). They gobbled it up.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces chow mein noodles
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 3 tablespoons green peppers
- 3⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop onion, celery and green pepper. Brown hamburger and add chopped vegetables and sauté. Add salt and pepper. Mix soups, milk and mayonnaise and add to cooked meat and vegetables. Pour into a 9 x 12 greased and add the chow mein noodles mixing till combined. Top with Cashews.