Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast,simple & clean tasting. Pork,chicken or shrimp,... you choose.
Make and share this Chow Mein for Dummies recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin, sliced thin & about 1 inch diameter
- 3 cups frozen oriental-style vegetables (thawed & drained well)
- 1 cup fried chow mein noodles
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (no msg)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (rinse to remove salt)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil (canola if you must)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Heat wok or fry pan until extremely hot & leave on high heat throughout cooking.
- Combine chicken broth, salt,sugar,sesame oil & cornstarch & mix well.
- Add peanut oil to pan & heat until it smokes slightly.
- Add pork & stir fry until just cooked.
- Add veggies & toss with meat.
- Add nuts & toss.
- Re mix broth before adding to pan (cornstarch will settle to bottom & be stiff).
- Stir fry in pan until sauce boils & thickens.
- Pour over noodles & dig in !