Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You will want to shake up the dressing for this popular oriental salad the day before and refrigerate it until you are ready to toss the mixture. Flaked tuna or crab meat are good alternatives for the chicken in this recipe. Another recipe found in TOH.
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2⁄3 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, chow mein noodles, chicken, onions, almonds and sesame seeds.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
We usually have at least one night per week when we NEED a QUICK dinner. This recipe is perfect for one of those nights. It's quick and very easy to prepare. The taste is amazinig for the simplicity of the recipe! I love the dressing. The chow mein noodles and toasted almonds, sesame seeds were soooooo good in this salad. Thanks for a quick and easy winner!
I swear, diner524, you find the best salad recipes! I loved this one too! It went together, very quickly, and made a filling meal! I must admit that I skipped the green onion, as I didn't have one on hand. It was fine without it. Thanks so much for sharing!
What a wonderful quick, easy, TASTY salad. Made recipe as posted without any changes. We all enjoyed the vinigrette, as we thought it was a great choice of ingredints for this salad. Served with Bird's Sweet and Fiery Chipotle Sticky Wings#391155, it was a great combo. Made for PRMR tag.