Recipe by Tisme
A favourite my kids love! My kids love this stuff DH and I are not quite as impressed but I am endevouring to find my MIL's recipe she used to make the kids when they were younger and visited her (which was a top secret recipe she never shared with me). I was told this is very close by my kids (now teenagers) ......... as they shovelled this recipe down!
Top Review by Sara 76
Now this is what I call comfort food! I made exactly as written, and we all loved it! Lots of veggies too, which I loved. I've never added peanut butter to chow mein beofre, so that was interesting, and wonderful! [Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap]
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots, diced (small dicing)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cabbage, finely shredded
- 45 g chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 spring onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over high heat and cook mince until browned ( I drain off the meat in a colander at this stage to drain excess fats and then put back into fry pan).
- Stir in curry powder and cook a further minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender.