1/6 Photos of Chow Gai Laan (Jade Green Broccoli)
echo echo's Note:
Adapted from a Chinese cookbook by Jim Lee that was published around 1970. This is one of my all-time favorite cookbooks; I was introduced to it by friends who were Chinese students I knew at University of Virginia. The gai laan which the Chinese eat is not actually broccoli, but broccoli is a good substitute which works well in America, where most of us don't have access to gai laan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together sugar through soy sauce plus 1/2 cup water and put aside.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat and add the garlic.
- 3When garlic is golden brown, add the broccoli.
- 4Turn the heat up and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 5Add sherry, cover quickly and cook 2 minutes.
- 6Lift cover& add the soy sauce mixture.
- 7When sauce thickens, remove and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chow Gai Laan (Jade Green Broccoli)
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.3
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 386.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g