Recipe by Susie in Texas
These little vegetable-filled pancakes are colorful and delicious!! This is my favorite recipe to use during the fresh produce season. Serve them like hash browns or potato pancakes. They go well with any broiled or roasted meat or poultry. We prefer them plain, but optional toppings are provided. I found this recipe years ago in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I like it when I find something different that works out well. I made these pancakes for a girl-friend get-together. They were wonderful and everyone thought so. Lots of color and well seasoned. I served them with sour cream and salsa. Thanks Susie in Texas. Appreciate your sharing this one.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded potato
- 1 cup shredded zucchini or 1 cup crookneck yellow squash (OR half and half of each)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup shredded onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced red sweet bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup applesauce (For Applesauce Topping) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish (For Applesauce Topping)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (For Sour Cream Topping) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (For Sour Cream Topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for pancakes and mix well.
- (Do not include the optional topping ingredients.) Over medium heat, prepare an oiled griddle or large frying pan.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture onto hot, oiled griddle.
- Flatten with spatula to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, cooking a few pancakes at a time for about 3 minutes per side or till golden.
- Remove; keep pancakes warm in a single layer on a baking sheet in a warm oven while cooking the remainder.
- These pancakes are delicious plain, but desired toppings may be used.
- For Applesauce Topping: Combine applesauce and horseradish in a small saucepan and heat through.
- For Sour Cream Topping: Stir sour cream and dijon mustard together and combine well.