Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
YUMMY! Your preference of chicken pieces
- 2 chicken pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 1 stick celery, sliced into chunks
- 2 small potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- Place chicken pieces in large pot.
- Cover with cold water (5 -6 cups). Add carrots,celery, and potatoes to water. Add salt to taste if you want.
- Cover and simmer on low heat about 2.
- hours until the chicken becomes tender.
- Add the rice, cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Pull the chicken meat off the bone ( if will practically fall off), discard bones.
- Return shredded pieces to pot.
- Stir well.
- Let cool. Store in the refrigerator or freeze.