Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bok choy and shitake mushrooms with a sweet and sour glaze. Yum! Adapted from Great Good Food.
Make and share this Chow Chow Bok Choy recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil with the garlic over medium high heat.
- Add the bok choy and saute for 1 minute, turning to brown all sides.
- Push bok choy to the side of the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Stir fry about 2 minutes, then reduce heat slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sherry.
- Add this mixture to the skillet and stir, coating the bok choy well until completely coated and heated throughout, about 4-5 minutes, or until done to your likeness.
- Serve immediately, dividing the bok choy and sauce among 4 plates. Enjoy!
this was great although next time I might double the sauce, I increased the garlic up to 2 tablespoons and added in 2 teaspoons crushed chili flakes for some heat, wonderful dish, thanks for sharing hon!
I had button mushrooms that needed to be used, so I used them. Otherwise, I made this as written and it was fantastic! So easy, too. I'd describe this as more of a (mildly) sweet flavor and not really any sour at all. I love bok choy and am always happy to find new recipes for it. Thanx!
This was very good! We had it last night with some grilled salmon. I didn't have any mushrooms so just had the bok choi on it's own. Thanks Sharon123!