Recipe by Sharon123
Bok choy and shitake mushrooms with a sweet and sour glaze. Yum! Adapted from Great Good Food.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this was great although next time I might double the sauce, I increased the garlic up to 2 tablespoons and added in 2 teaspoons crushed chili flakes for some heat, wonderful dish, thanks for sharing hon!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 heads baby bok choy, washed, split if half is large
- 6 -8 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil with the garlic over medium high heat.
- Add the bok choy and saute for 1 minute, turning to brown all sides.
- Push bok choy to the side of the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Stir fry about 2 minutes, then reduce heat slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sherry.
- Add this mixture to the skillet and stir, coating the bok choy well until completely coated and heated throughout, about 4-5 minutes, or until done to your likeness.
- Serve immediately, dividing the bok choy and sauce among 4 plates. Enjoy!