Recipe by hennypenny49
This is another recipe clipping that Mom collected. I am sure there is one here on Zaar, but I just want to put it here for safe keeping. These are all cut out of magazines and I have no idea which magazine or newspaper they came from. Some are even hand written.
- 1 quart green to pink tomatoes
- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 large onions
- 2 sweet green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 3 cups vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- jalapeno pepper, optional for spicey
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind or chop fine all vegetables and salt down with scant cup of salt for
- 2 hours or overnight. Drain and press out all liquids.
- Put into large pot and add vinegar, sugar and spices.
- Boil 20 minutes then reduce to simmer and cook for 1 hr
- then put into clean canning jars; place lids and rings on and process in a water bath for 8-10 minutes.