Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a seasoning paste.
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard (and 1/4 teaspoon ground Avish if you can find it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh hot red chili pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Process everything together into a smooth mixture that will be as thick as toothpaste. Refrigerate with a jar with a tight cover. Use when needed.