Choucroute Garnie a L'alsacienne (Alsatian Pork W/Sauerkraut)
- Cook and stir bacon and onion in Dutch oven or 12-inch skillet until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir in sauerkraut and brown sugar. Add potatoes and apples.
- Tie juniper berries, peppercorns, cloves, parsley and bay leaf in cheesecloth bag or place in tea ball; add to sauerkraut.
- Add pork chops and frankfurters. Pour chicken broth over meat.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until meat is done and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove spice bag.
- Remove sauerkraut, potatoes and apples to large platter with slotted spoon. Arrange meat around edge.