Recipe by weekend cooker
Sauerkraut, pork, combined with berries, chicken broth and other ingredients makes this a healthy one dish meal.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon crushed juniper berries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 2 bacon, slices chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup dry riesling wine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jarprepared sauerkraut
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork with salt amd pepper.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat, add pork and saute for 5 minutes, or until all sides are browned.
- Remove pork, and reduce heat.
- Add canola oil, and the next 3 ingredients through and including bacon to pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cabbage and the last 3 ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pork and cook an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.