Recipe by cervantesbrandi
I enjoyed this appetizer this year on christmas eve and have been craving it ever since. I add tomatoes into the mix for added color and flavor.
- 36 mussels (boiled until open, left intact on a half shell)
- 6 tomatoes (I use roma, finely diced)
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro (diced)
- 1 small red onion (finely minced)
- 1 (16 ounce) can yellow peppers (aji amarillo)
- 1 tablespoon msg
- 2 limes, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the can of aji amarillos with their juices in a blender and puree for 1 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and blended aji's in a large bowl.
- Add the msg and the lime juice.
- Place the mussels on a half shell on a serving platter and top each with one tablespoon of the Aji mixture.
- Serve with a nice cold beer and enjoy!