Recipe by graniteangel
Another recipe I was shocked not to see on here. This is a type of Hollandaise but with stronger lemon flavor and the addition of tomato paste and a little fresh thyme. Goes beautifully with seafood type dishes. This is my personal favorite version which I use for crab cake eggs benedict which are TO DIE FOR.
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a blender add egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, kosher salt and tomato paste. Blend until color turns a nice pale orange color (about 1 minute or so).
- Turn blender on highest setting and very slowly drizzle butter into mixture until it begins to get think (about 30 seconds).
- Place sauce into a double boiler. Stir in the thyme (if you wish to add thyme) while heating through before serving .