Recipe by riffraff
This is a great lunch or dinner. You m ay also cut the chirizos into chunks and serve with toothpicks for an appetizer. TO MAKE AHEAD The chorizos can be cooked earlier in the day. Rewarm them in a covered skillet over low heat.
- 6 chorizo sausages (Spanish or Mexican semi-dry 2 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle hard apple cider
- crusty bread, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Make four 1/2-inch-deep slashes on 1 side of each chorizo.
- In a medium, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering.
- Add the chorizos and cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the hard cider to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to moderate and cook, turning occasionally, until the chorizos are softened and the liquid is reduced to 2/3 cup, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chorizos and sauce to a shallow bowl and serve with hunks of crusty bread.