1/4 Photos of Chorizo Wraps With Veggies (30-Minute Meal)
Leggy Peggy's Note:
Ten years ago, I ordered this dish at a cafe. The ingredients were listed on the blackboard, so it was easy to duplicate it at home. The heat is about right for those who don't want to go overboard. If you want extra heat, add jalapenos, tabasco sauce or chillies to the cooking or the garnishes. This really is a chop-it-up-and-throw-it-together meal. You are busy chopping or stirring most of the time, but it all takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs spanish chorizo sausages, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon spanish smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped (capsicum)
- 1 -2 medium corn on the cob, cooked, kernels removed and roughly chopped (I add this only when I have corn leftover from the night before)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 cups taco sauce (I use medium heat)
- 1 cup sour cream (or more)
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded (or more)
- 2 cups colby cheese, shredded (or any cheese you prefer)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped roughly (optional)
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1Heat a large frying pan and add chopped chorizos (don't add any oil). Saute for 5-10 minutes, until sausages pieces are done.
- 2You can chop the veggies while the chorizo is cooking.
- 3Remove chorizos and set aside, and drain off all but one tablespoon of the oil that has cooked out of the chorizos.
- 4Reheat the oil and add smoked paprika (if using it) and stir well.
- 5Add chopped onions and bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
- 6Add chopped corn kernels and saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Add lime juice and 1/4 cup of the taco sauce and cook for 2 minutes. You want the lime juice to mostly evaporate.
- 8Add cooked chorizos and let everything heat through for another 2 minutes.
- 9While the mixture heats, heat the tortillas according to package directions. I usually zap the whole pack in the microwave for about 1 minute. Be sure to remove the silica gel sachet from the pack before heating.
- 10Along the way, get the garnishes ready. These are the remaining taco sauce, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, olives (if used) and any other garnishes you like.
- 11Let everyone assemble their own servings. I usually smear some sour cream on a tortilla, then top with the chorizo mixture and all the garnishes, and fold. Be prepared for some fallout and very messy hands.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Wraps With Veggies (30-Minute Meal)
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1183.1
- Calories from Fat 726
- Total Fat 80.7 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 3215.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 51.4 g