Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Since I was recently introduced to Chorizo sausages by Elly In Canada, I went searching for recipes & found this in an advertisement for McCormick bay leaves .......... its quick, easy & delicious!
- 1 lb spanish chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Lightly spray a large non stick pan & saute sausages until cooked but still pink in the middle, about 15 minutes; remove from pan & reserve in a warm oven.
- Heat oil in the same pan on medium heat; add onion & garlic, cook & stir for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add paprika & cook for about a minute.
- Stir in cider & bay leaves, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut chorizo diagonally into 3/4 inch pieces & return to pan along with sun dried tomatoes; simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, sprinkle with parsley & serve with crusty bread to mop up the sauce.