Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a tapas or appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 bay leaves, broken in half
- 1 lb spanish chorizo sausage, cut diagonally, into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Sauté about 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add paprika and cook 1 minute.
- Add cider and bay leaves; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes; simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot with hearty bread to dip in sauce.
- Tip: If using Mexican, non-smoked chorizo, add five minutes to simmer time.