My husband came up with this recipe when I wouldn't let him buy the real thing anymore. It's very tasty and if you use ground pork is exactly like the stuff you buy at the grocery.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs chicken or 2 lbs pork or 2 lbs veggie crumbles
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons pure red chili powder
- 6 -20 small hot dried red chilies, crushed or 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar or 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- mix well and cook through or add to your favorite recipe. This is great mixed up with scrambled eggs!