1/1 Photo of Chorizo- Veggie Version Included!
My husband came up with this recipe when I wouldn't let him buy the real thing anymore. It's very tasty and if you use ground pork is exactly like the stuff you buy at the grocery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs chicken or 2 lbs pork or 2 lbs veggie crumbles
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons pure red chili powder
- 6 -20 small hot dried red chilies, crushed or 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar or 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1mix well and cook through or add to your favorite recipe. This is great mixed up with scrambled eggs!
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo- Veggie Version Included!
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1153.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 22.7 g