365: No Repeats. Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling (EVOO)
- 3/4 lb chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 chopped and 1 crushed
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut in half and then thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, such as Muir Glen brand organic
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 slices crusty country bread
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1Preheat a large soup pot over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
- 2Add the 2 cloves of chopped garlic, the onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes and chicken stock and bring up to a bubble, then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- 4While the stew is simmering, toast the bread in the broiler or in a toaster oven. Rub with the crushed garlic clove and then drizzle EVOO over it and reserve.
- 5Pile the parsley leaves, lemon and orange zest on a cutting board. Run your knife through the pile until the parsley is finely chopped and the zests are completely incorporated into the parsley; reserve.
- 6To serve, arrange the garlic croutons in the bottom of 4 shallow soup bowls, ladle some of the chorizo-tomato stew on top of the croutons, toss a little of the zesty parsley sprinkle over the stew, and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Tomato Stew on Garlic Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.8
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 1665.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes
lemons, zest of
oranges, zest of