Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This Spanish-inspired salad will bring a tasty summery Mediterranean flavour to your table. The key to this recipe is really good quality chorizo and deliciously ripe vine tomatoes.
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 9 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- Put the tomatoes in a mixing bowl with the scallions and drained cannellini beans.
- Season with sea salt and a little freshly ground black pepper; then drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and the vinegar and mix to combine.
- Heat a frying pan (without any oil - chorizo simply does not need it) and add the chorizo.
- Cook gently for a couple of minutes on each side. The chorizo will secrete a lot of oil. Do not throw it away! It is delicious if you want to fry a few potatoes in it. Or, add some of the oil to the salad!
- To serve; transfer the tomato, bean and onion mixture to a serving dish and top with the hot chorizo. Scatter over the chopped parsley and serve at once.
Great recipe. The flavors work together so nicely. The sea salt adds a nice bit of flavor. And, it was easy to make.