Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A stove-top recipe and a good to use up of a couple of left over corn muffins.
Make and share this Chorizo Stuffed Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
For The Stuffing
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped celery
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 2 corn muffins, crumbled
For The Chops
- 4 bone in pork rib chops, pocket cut in side (1 1/4 inch thick)
- 3 slice bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.78 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 396.89 g can low sodium chicken broth
- 9.85 ml cajun seasoning
- 29.58 ml minced flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chorizo 3 - 4 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery, saute 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic and crumbled corn muffins. Cook 1 to 2 minutes; set aside.
- When cool stuff 1/2 cup stuffing into pockets of pork chops. Close with toothpick. Set aside.
- In large skillet fry bacon until browned, transfer to paper towels. Add pork chops to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Turn and cook additional 3 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet. Roast chops 6 - 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile discard all but 2 tablespoons dripping in skillet. Add onions, water and garlic to skillet; saute 2 - 3 minutes. Stir flour into skillet; cook 3 - 4 minutes. Pour chicken broth and Cajun seasoning into skillet and cook, stirring until thickened.
- To serve: spoon half onion mixture onto serving platter. Place pork chops on onions; spoon remaining onions over chops. Sprinkle reserved bacon and parsley over. Serve immediately.