A stove-top recipe and a good to use up of a couple of left over corn muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For The Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 corn muffins, crumbled
For The Chops
- 4 bone in pork rib chops, pocket cut in side (1 1/4 inch thick)
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chorizo 3 - 4 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery, saute 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic and crumbled corn muffins. Cook 1 to 2 minutes; set aside.
- 3When cool stuff 1/2 cup stuffing into pockets of pork chops. Close with toothpick. Set aside.
- 4In large skillet fry bacon until browned, transfer to paper towels. Add pork chops to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Turn and cook additional 3 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet. Roast chops 6 - 8 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile discard all but 2 tablespoons dripping in skillet. Add onions, water and garlic to skillet; saute 2 - 3 minutes. Stir flour into skillet; cook 3 - 4 minutes. Pour chicken broth and Cajun seasoning into skillet and cook, stirring until thickened.
- 6To serve: spoon half onion mixture onto serving platter. Place pork chops on onions; spoon remaining onions over chops. Sprinkle reserved bacon and parsley over. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1321.3
- Calories from Fat 732
- Total Fat 81.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 325.7 mg
- Sodium 1256.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 111.7 g