Recipe by flower7
I created this rustic dish (with much inspiration from a BHG recipe) to use some homemade chorizo sausage. I quite enjoyed the results...hope you do to!
- 3⁄4 lb fresh ground chorizo sausage
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (skim OK)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook chorizo over medium heat about 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Use a wooden spoon to crumble up the meat as it cooks. Remove from heat and drain off any rendered fat.
- In the same skillet, mix spinach, beans, onion, milk, 1/4 cup of the cheese, lemon juice, nutmeg, and pepper with the cooked chorizo.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup of cheese, garlic, and melted butter; sprinkle over casserole mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375° F oven for 35 minutes or until heated through.