Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this one day trying to figure out what to do with a box of Spanish Rice mix.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) box Spanish rice mix (I Use Zattarain's)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use fire roasted garlic by Hunts)
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) bag sweet corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- hot sauce
- Begin the rice as stated on the box.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and green chilis.
- Brown the chorizo in a pan over medium high heat. Drain and set aside.
- In the pan over medium heat add the corn, beans, and chillis, season to taste with salt, garlic, pepper, and hot suace. Heat through, and add back the chorizo.
- Once rice is finished mix with the corn and chorizo mix, season to taste.
- Serve over corn bread and top with cheese or sourcream if you're inclined.