1/2 Photos of Chorizo, Shrimp and Rice
I've made this a couple of times, to rave reviews from my family. It's really easy to make, it's tasty and hearty, and makes the shrimp go a long way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into dice
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into dice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup quick-cook Spanish rice (or other variety is OK)
- salt and pepper
- 7 ounces chorizo sausage, casings removed, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups fish stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a large lidded frying pan over medium-high heat, Add the onion and bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic, and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the tomato, rice, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the chorizo, then the stock and bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is tender, but the dish is still moist.
- 6Add the shrimp, stir through and cover.
- 7Cook for about 5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and the liquid has been absorbed.
- 8If it looks too moist, simmer an additional 2 minutes uncovered.
- 9Taste, adjust the seasoning if necessary, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo, Shrimp and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.9 mg
- Sodium 1264.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: