This is a hearty and tasty one-pot meal, and is especially delicious served with crusty bread or mashed potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g streaky bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 leek, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh soft thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 600 g fresh chorizo sausages
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 (400 g) cans brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch english spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan. Add the bacon and cook over medium heat until it is golden and has released its fat.
- 2Add the onion, carrot, celery, leek, bay leaves, thyme and garlic to the pan and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add the sliced mushrooms, and cook a few more minutes until mushrooms have softened.
- 3Meanwhile, brown the sausages, then cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 4Add the wine, stock and sausages to the pan and bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes. Give it a stir from time to time, and add a little more red wine or stock if necessary.
- 6At the end of this time, add the lentils.
- 7Fold in the spinach and parsley and cook until wilted.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve piping hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Sausage, Mushrooms and Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2573.7
- Calories from Fat 1405
- Total Fat 156.1 g
- Saturated Fat 56.0 g
- Cholesterol 321.8 mg
- Sodium 4942.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 65.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 142.4 g