Classic Mexican sausage - good with ANYTHING!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Partially freeze pork & pork fat (approx 15 minutes).
- 2In food processor, grind chilies (stems & seeds removed) with the vinegar & the water to form a paste.
- 3Strain in to large bowl.
- 4Combine pork, fat, & seasonings well --
- 5IF it seems to get "mushy", place back in the freezer to firm up, then give the mixing a second go.
- 6Cover & refrigerate overnight, at which point it is ready to use or package for the freezer (divide in to portions of your choosing) OR stuff casings for link chorizo.
- 7The salt can be optional, or to taste, but will require making it for you to decide.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1412.9
- Calories from Fat 1183
- Total Fat 131.5 g
- Saturated Fat 62.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 50.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: