Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've recently gotten into sausage making. This recipe I got in "The Sausage Making Cookbook". This recipe is quite spicy, but can be altered to your own taste.
- 5 lbs coarse ground pork butt
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 5 pressed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Simply combine all ingredients, mix well and stuff into hog casings or make patties.
- You can either just fry the sausages, grill, smoke or boil them.
- The yield, cooking times may vary.
- Depends on how long you make your links, and method of cooking.